[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (natural=rock)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:15:03 BST 2009

2009/7/23 Nicola Cadenelli <nicolacdnll at gmail.com>:
> I changed the description of the tag and now is a tag for areas made
> principally of rock, inside which there are cliffs, scree, coastline,
> glacier and more. What do you think?
>
> The similar tag natural=rocks[1] is Undefined (inactive), it's not in the
> Proposed features page[2] and never it was vote. Besides is use is very
> limited and will could be include in rock tag.
>
> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Drocks
>
> [2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features

what would you say about a definition like this:
"A key for tagging areas made of solid rock. If the rock is loose, use scree."

I wouldn't talk about coastlines (different definition, not about
material), scree (loose), cliffs (linear, no areas), glaciers
(temperature dependant) and other in the definition.

cheers,
Martin