[OSM-talk] [talk-au] maxheight/height

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Tue Jul 28 09:50:28 BST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 09:07:56AM +0200, marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com wrote:
> The way below the bridge does not intersect the bridge at all.
> There is no reference from the street below to indicate that there
> is a bridge at all. You would have to analyse the location and
> vector of all other ways in the map as one of them could be a bridge
> and you would have to do that for each and any way-segment you want
> to evaluate for routing. Bad idea.

I think this is the best reason I've read to tag the street below. I
wouldn't want my poor Neo Freerunner to perform queries like this just
for some routing.

Markus sketches a little too grim image, as a good data structure will
prevent you from having to iterate all segments, but still his point
is valid.

Cheers,
--
Sybren Stüvel