[OSM-talk] i18n-rich areas on the map

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 19:45:25 BST 2009

Mikel Maron wrote:
> Very good point, and feature suggestion.
>
> I've started a wiki page on this project. Please contribute!
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Translation_Interface

Hello,

one of the thing that I am working on (at least initially on design) is
a translation website, as I strongly believe that the OSM data should be
translated as much as it can. I was initially planning to add only data
like towns, countries, counties etc.. but I suspect with the help of
this page, we can build something that works better and faster.
As part of the translation process, I was planning to use
translitteration software from Japanese to Romaji to fill potentially
missing name:en tags in Japan. Similarly programs exist in Hangul and
Chinese.

Emilie Laffray