[OSM-talk] is_in and similar tags

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 02:59:19 BST 2009

2009/7/29 John Smith <delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com>:
>> Or as a less practical example take two ways that cross one
>> another
>> (one may be a bridge or tunnel), one officially belonging
>> to county A
>> or postcode A and the other to B.
>
> Exactly, you wouldn't need to split the way, by having a boundary it could be calculated which part would be within which area.

No no, I wasn't talking about ways crossing a postcode area boundary.
Just two ways crossing one another belonging entirely to different
divisions each and where do you invent the boundary then.  Possibly
this is not found in Australia but you'll sometimes find the division
of highways into counties is not 100% geographical and postcodes quite
often isn't.

Cheers