[OSM-talk] Layer transitions

Harald Kleiner e9625163 at gmx.at
Wed Jul 29 20:19:21 BST 2009

Hi!

I want to talk about this page on the wiki describing how to map tunnels
correctly:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tunnel#How_to_Map

Especially the last paragraph causes headaches to me:
"If the tunnel ends in a junction you'll need a small un-tunneled way
between the end of the tunnel and the junction"

Where does this rule come from?

Does this mean that two ways connected on a junction like this may not
be on different layers?

                  | way B

Is this statement right:

The only valid way to switch layer is this setting:

         Way A                        Way B

(a node where exactly one way starts and exactly one other way ends)

Thank you,

Best regards Harald