[OSM-talk] Search field on www.openstreetmap.org

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 30 22:50:15 BST 2009

Tom Hughes schrieb:
> The whole home page needs a redesign, and I don't really want to start
> fiddling with little things like this when we should be doing the job
> properly.
>
> There are also issues with search at the moment which mean we don't
> actually want to make it too prominent.
>
> Since the SOTM advert has been removed it should now be on the home page
> for most people anyway - the main problems come when there is extra
> stuff in the sidebar like the SOTM ad that pushes it below the bottom of
> people's windows.

Hi!

For small screen resolutions like 800*600 (e.g. on Netbooks) the search
field is not visible for a long time and I guess this is still the case
today. It was often requested (here, on talk-de or both?) to make it
visible without scrolling on such machines.

The problem exists for a long time, but it's just not "visible" on your
or my screen ;-)

Regards, ULFL