[OSM-talk] question about untagged green points

SLXViper SLXViper at gmx.net
Fri Jul 31 16:36:07 BST 2009

Hillsman, Edward wrote:

> Some of the areas where I am mapping show untagged green nodes in
> Potlatch, and I delete these, but where do they come from?

Those untagged nodes sometimes show up quite a lot, depending on the
area. In one case there were a lot of untagged nodes along a way, each
very close to another node belonging to the way. All untagged ones were
created by a potlatch user, I think someone tried to draw another way on
top of the first one, but failed doing so. There are also some untagged
nodes distributed randomly over a certain area; all of them were created
by potlatch (this is what I experienced). If I remember correctly in
earlier versions of potlatch such mistakes could happen quite easily
when trying to select a node or a way or trying to move around in the
area and clicking slightly aside.
This may also be the cause why potlatch is hated by some people...
although the respective user is the one to blame for editing not that
careful as he/she should.

Regards