[OSM-talk] Vague license agreement text when creating a new osm.org user

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:18:54 BST 2009

The text a new user gets when signing up is hte following:

(at http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/new )

"By creating an account, you agree that all work uploaded to
openstreetmap.org and all data created by use of any tools which
connect to openstreetmap.org is to be (non-exclusively) licensed under
this Creative Commons license (by-sa). "

This sounds ambiguous, one might read it as though any data I create
with e.g. Viking is to be released under CC-BY-SA because it has a
feature to connect to OSM.

How should this be worded so that it's clear that we only care about map data?