[OSM-talk] tagging "unofficial" cycle routes

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Jun 2 11:53:49 BST 2009

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 04:19:56PM +0800, maning sambale wrote:
> In the Philippines there are very few (close to nothing I know of)
> officially designated cycleways and routes.  However, local
> cycling/mtb clubs have created/established routes for their own
> purpose.  Any advice on how to tag these routes?

If the clubs have documented and are maintaining the routes, then they
are official enough. Just use the "operator" tag to mark which club is
responsible for which route. "network" tag could be also used for that,
but it is currently used rather for describing network scope
(internationl/national/regional/local).

Greets,
        Jacek