[OSM-talk] How do we specify relative importance of features across all types of features?

Stephan Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 4 14:07:27 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 02:49:53PM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> PS: The same "importance" thing pops up with regard to towns and
> villages - a town in rural England may have more "map significance" than
> one of the dozens of cities that surround Paris.

By the way ... the first thoughts about this key I had, when I thought
about the network-key. Because IMHO it's used in two different ways:

bicycle/hiking-routes have:
network=ncn (national route), rcn (regional route), lcn (local route)
resp.
network=nwn, rwn, lwn

(Who defines that network?)

Public Transport routes have:
network=London Underground, HVV, ...

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich