[OSM-talk] Openstreetmap at Debconf, mapping party in Caceres, Spain (and maybe Madrid)

Blars Blarson openstreetmap-talk at scd.debian.net
Fri Jun 5 02:14:57 BST 2009

My talks about openstreetmap were rejected from the "Official" Debconf
slots, but they sugested that I do an "unofficial" talk, bof, and
mapping party.  Debconf this year is in Caceres, Spain July 24-30.
July 24 is "open day" where talks are aimed at people less involved in
Debian, letting them know about Debian.  Anyone can register for
Debconf, the EU 300 fee is for a bed and meals.

I've never been to spain, and don't know spanish, so I may not be the
best person to arrange a mapping party.  When would people like to see
it?  Early in the conference would be best if we can make maps for the
attendees, so maybe Saturday.  (But that might be against the opening
keynote.)  (On the other hand, it might be easier to get a room then.)

I'll also be staying a couple of days in Madrid, so if a local
arranges somewhere to hold a mapping party on Aug 1 I would be willing
to help.

Blars Blarson			blarson at scd.debian.net

With Microsoft, failure is not an option.  It is a standard feature.