[OSM-talk] Castles and Palaces

Andreas Fritsche andreas.fritsche at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:45:56 BST 2009

Hi!

> There is no exact _translation_. But it is easily possible do _define_ a
> tag (in english) that represents the correct meaning in the local context.
> [..]

I am not quite shure if this is pointless or not. I mean, we are
actually lacking an english term to distinguish between some types of
castles and you suggest to select a random english word (that more or
less matches what you want to express) to define it? Help me: Why
don't we use the established scientific term? I think we could do
that. Even if this science-lingo word looks exactly like the evil
german word 'burg'.

/Andreas