[OSM-talk] Is 'name' tag mandatory for a 'living_street'?

Christoph Böhme christoph at b3e.net
Sat Jun 6 14:14:40 BST 2009

Hi Sergey,

in Germany a living_street is a designated type of street with a
special sign [1]. So, I would only use living_street for this type of
streets. I usually tag alleys either as service or if they are in a
very bad condition as track.

Perhaps it would make sense to introduce highway=alley?

	cheers,
	Christoph

[1] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Zeichen_325.svg