[OSM-talk] Potlatch "connection to server failed"

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Jun 8 00:03:45 BST 2009

Joe Richards wrote:
> I have a fairly large set of edits in Potlatch, but when
> I click 'save', I get "Sorry the connection to the Openstreetmap
> server failed.  Any recent changes have not been saved.
> Would you like to try again [retry] [cancel]".  Obviously my
> internet connectivity is fine, and I can bring up another tab
> with Potlatch, make edits and save them.  How can I
> preserve all the editing I've done in this session?

There's an intermittent issue here
(http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/1904) and we're still trying to track
it down. It's not something I've been able to reproduce as yet. In the
meantime, though I know it's little consolation, I'd encourage you to follow
the suggestion on the help page and save often.

If you can pop in on IRC then someone may be able to look in the server
logs and report back on what error is being generated.

cheers
Richard