[OSM-talk] Open*Map.* ?

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 19:43:12 BST 2009

> I contacted OpenGreenMap about this after you brought it up, mostly
> because I thought the name was confusingly similar given the naming
> convention used by various sites rendering OSM data.  I received a
> response at 4:20PM local time from a Wendy E. Brawer.
>
> She indicated that OGM has been considering OSM since day one, and that
> it is in the works presently.  I'm keeping the channel open if anybody
> has further suggestions.

Wendy Brawer and Green Maps are a long time community, participatory mapping network, spanning the globe. A core influence for me and several others in OpenStreetMap.

Green Maps have traditionally been paper based. OpenGreenMap is their intended foray into online maps. The base maps themselves could likely be OSM, with a potential information flow from the annotations back into OSM. The annotations themselves will be licensed in an open way.

-Mikel