[OSM-talk] full history of a way?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Jun 14 09:49:15 BST 2009

Hi,

> There are no full history dumps currently - having such dump would
> enable this type of query quite easily.

I am sure we will have them at some point in time.

> Well, there could be slight problem with pre-0.6 data (no order in
> relations) and pre-0.5 (extra segment elements in addition to nodes
> and ways)

Way history was completely dropped on the 0.4 to 0.5 changeover so you
will not be able to access any way data before that.

> so this maybe need some conversions. I am not sure what was
> before 0.4 (could be some problems too...)

The 0.3 to 0.4 changeover did not, to my knowledge, drop any data. And
before 0.3 OSM was so small that whatever was there at the time can
safely be ignored ;-)

Bye
Frederik