[OSM-talk] [Debconf-discuss] Openstreetmap at Debconf, mapping party in Caceres, Spain (and maybe Madrid)

Blars Blarson openstreetmap-talk at scd.debian.net
Mon Jun 15 02:59:07 BST 2009

In article <20090605153650.GA22848 at cajita.gateway.2wire.net>
gwolf at gwolf.org writes:
>Blars Blarson dijo [Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 06:14:57PM -0700]:
>> My talks about openstreetmap were rejected from the "Official" Debconf
>> slots, but they sugested that I do an "unofficial" talk, bof, and
>> mapping party.  Debconf this year is in Caceres, Spain July 24-30.

>I am interested in joining for a mapping party. Cáceres seems to be
>decently covered already, but sure, we will have things to map. I am
>available since July 17, and would prefer go out mapping during the
>DebCamp week, but it's basically up to you (as the organizer for this
>unofficial activity) to pick the best time.

Since I'm arriving the evening of July 23, I won't be able to do a
map party durring debcamp.  Others are of course welcome to do so or
just go out mapping.

Things that I think should be mapped:

Munoz Torreo and Fransico de Sande (debconf facilites)
Restaurants, fast food, and shops near the Debconf location.
Hotels (but unless done soon, won't be much use for Debconf)

The train and bus depots are already mapped.

The area west and southwest of Munoz Torreo appears to be missing some
things.  North and northwest is what I am guessing may be the "old
town" area, and may be missing some details.

Blars Blarson			blarson at scd.debian.net

With Microsoft, failure is not an option.  It is a standard feature.