[OSM-talk] Fixing duplicate nodes/ways

Alice Kaerast kaerast at qvox.org
Wed Jun 17 14:16:00 BST 2009

Hi,

I used php_bulk_upload to make some changes a while back, and it has
been recently pointed out that it really screwed things up - creating
many duplicate nodes across a very wide area.  Rather than just
uploading the large number of changes I'd made, it also uploaded new
copies of existing nodes and ways.  I've been trying to fix things with
JOSM's validator, but it's over such a huge area that this is proving
impossible.

Is there any way that changesets #1420511 and #1420511 can be
reverted?  I would imagine not given that work has continued since
then.  Alternatively, how can we remove all the duplicate nodes and
ways over this large area?

I feel absolutely terrible for not noticing this sooner, and am
terribly sorry for the problems caused.

--
Alice