[OSM-talk] Move the Map

Joe Richards joefish75 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 08:07:45 BST 2009

> Maybe http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=0&lon=-0&zoom=2 would be more

> diplomatic, but then we should be using a map that did not make the
> Uk, India, Brazil and New Zealand all the same size. <snip>

You make a valid point, but the instant reaction of a few people I showed openstreetmap.org to in Australia was "oh a map of Europe/UK".  It was only after a bit of scrolling/panning that they got the idea, it was "a bit like Google Maps but with different colours".  Obviously after much ranting on my part they 'got it' but if I hadn't been there, they would have looked at the map, and surfed onto another site.