[OSM-talk] SOTM 08 videos

Erik Johansson emj at kth.se
Thu Jun 18 11:39:33 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Andy Allan<gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:46 PM, SteveC<steve at asklater.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Linked off of stateofthemap.org are the SOTM '08 videos:
>>
>>        http://blog.signal2noise.ie/~eason/sotm08/
>>
>> But they're incomplete and super, super, super slow to load.
>>
>> So does anyone know if the rest will be put up?
>
> I've offered assistance with this a few times over the last year, but
> so far to no avail. I'm keen to help with whatever needs doing - I
> have a postal address (for DVDs, tapes or whatnot), a computer capable
> of transcoding, a fast internet pipe and hosting and I'm willing to
> sort out all the videos if it means my own one sees the light of day.
>
> So whoever (eason?) has the originals now, feel free to contact me.

Is there a video team for state of the map 2009? Working on the
Debconf video team was great fun, but really hard work to get
everything published.  Though Debconf is slightly bigger the video
work was a real timesink, low estimatation: every hour of talks took
ten man hours to handle.

But then again just standing there with an ordinary camera might be simpler.

nice to have:
1. experience
2. lots of disk, cpu, LAN and internet.
3. video hosting