[OSM-talk] Proposed Amenity Reorganization

Radomír Černoch radomir.cernoch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 11:39:51 BST 2009

Hi,

I quite like the idea. For people, who think about using OSM data in
their project, clarity of tag structure might be an important issue.

> I think "why bother". Clearly what we have is chaotic, but any system
> you can think of will become chaotic sooner or later with people
> (ab)using it to their heart's content, so what's the big deal.

The question is whether to choose "chaos" or "less chaos". I think
it's still a significant difference. Are there any serious reasons
"why not to bother"?

Technically I support the idea of key named "spiritual", because there
are more tags to fit in such group: wayside cross, small shrine, ...

Regards,
Radomir Cernoch