[OSM-talk] Potted plants vs. garden beds

Robert Naylor robert at pobice.co.uk
Sun Jun 28 14:49:26 BST 2009

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:35:24 +0100, Chris Hill <chillly809 at yahoo.co.uk>  

> I don't think they are garden beds. This would usually bigger and  
> usually at
> ground level and part of a garden. A potted plant tends to be a plant  
> grown
> indoors in a pot also known as a house plant. The containers with plants  
> in
> might be known as planters.
> I'm not sure the rows of planters with big spaces between really are a  
> barrier.
> They could be described as a hedge, which is just a row of plants so  
> barrier=hedge.

How about barrier=bollard as they seem to perform the same function, they  
just look a bit better than your standard bollard.

More information about the talk mailing list