[OSM-talk] how to point the openlayers instance to mapnik

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Sun Mar 1 09:59:05 GMT 2009

Lookup the map creating section in the JS code of your website where
OpenLayers is used. It should look something like this:

map = new OpenLayers.Map(

Then add a new TMS layer pointing to your Mapnik instance. The example
below shows two of the Mapnik instances used on the Dutch tileserver:

var layerFastNL = new OpenLayers.Layer.TMS(
		"SpeedLayer",
		"http://93.186.180.157/",
                 {type:'png', getURL: get_osm_url,
                 border:1,
                 transitionEffect: 'resize'} );

var layerNL = new OpenLayers.Layer.TMS(
                 "NL (current)",
                 [
"http://a.tile.openstreetmap.nl/tilecache.py/1.0.0/mapnik/",
"http://b.tile.openstreetmap.nl/tilecache.py/1.0.0/mapnik/",
"http://c.tile.openstreetmap.nl/tilecache.py/1.0.0/mapnik/"
                 ],
                 {type:'png', getURL: get_osm_url,
                 border:1,
                 maxExtent: new
OpenLayers.Bounds(311549.5,6555477.5,822458.8125,7118943.5)}
);

That's about it.