[OSM-talk] odd rendering + county boundaries

Aun Johnsen (via Webmail) skippern at gimnechiske.org
Mon Mar 2 11:37:18 GMT 2009

Maybe the coastal part of the boundary should follow the baseline as per
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Maritime_borders

The base line is the maritime border closest to the coast, and will
probably not be rendered on most maps.

--[]

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.42863&lon=-3.67974&zoom=15&layers=B000FFF

>> Obviously those changes have been picked up as the county boundary is
>> rendering along the updated river bank but the actual river isn't.
>>
>> Is this just a time lag thing or have I done something wrong?
>>
>> On the subject of UK county boundaries it's nice to see them rendering
>> (in Mapnik) but it seems a bit odd for the boundaries to be rendered
>> around coastlines and up river estuaries. Is it possible to only render
>> the inland parts ie. where the ways are not tagged as natural=coastline?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Kevin

Brgds
Aun Johnsen