[OSM-talk] form input field for "GPS Traces"

Tim Waters (chippy) chippy2005 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:46:15 GMT 2009

2009/3/3 Roman Neumüller <r.neumuller at gmail.com>:
> I recommend to add a form input field for "GPS Traces" where a user can
> easily search for a tag, let's say GPS tracks for Paris.
> You can easily upload your tracks but you cannot easily search. I know that
> I can of course type a tag into the browser's address field like
>
>   http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/tag/Paris
>
> But a normal user may not know it. And: if I write it wrongly like
>
>   http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/tag/Pariss
>
> or
>
>   http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/Paris
>
> I get:
>
>   Application error
>
>   Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action
>   (like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html
>
> Roman

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/206

The existing patch (using  LIKE ) should work for
http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/tag/Par for example, but wouldn't
work for mis spellings. I'd assume we'd be after some kind of
Googleish suggest functionality? Feel free to hack on it.

"did you mean Paris or Parnassus?"