[OSM-talk] License plan

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 23:21:07 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:58 PM, OJ W <ojwlists at googlemail.com> wrote:

> It would be great to require that only free software could use OSM
> maps.

Seriously? Should I only be able to read Wikipedia articles in Firefox
and not Internet Explorer? That's nuts! It's the content that's
important - the wikipedia text, the OSM data. If gcc could only be
used to compile GPL software I'll bet it would be far less well
developed, if wikipedia could only be seen on Linux fewer people would
write it, and if OSM could only be used with free software then we'd
be staring at giant blank maps.

This is written on my Ubuntu laptop, of course.

Cheers,
Andy