[OSM-talk] Mirroring planet.openstreetmap.org

Milenko milenko at king-nerd.com
Wed Mar 4 00:33:50 GMT 2009

Hey all,

                I'm bring my mirror (planet.king-nerd.com) of
planet.openstreetmap.org back up to date.  I currently use a script with
several wget commands due to the redirects to ftp.heanet.ie when downloading
from the planet.  This works fine, except that the heanet.ie site is quite
slow here most of the time.  I'm currently getting speeds of 20 - 50KB/s,
which will take weeks to get the last couple planets.  Is there a way I can
sync directly with planet.openstreetmap.org either without the redirects, or
via some method other than http (rsync, etc)?

                I'm getting prepped to move this server to a 100mbit colo in
a few days, so I'd like to speed things up a bit if possible.

-Jeremy