[OSM-talk] License plan

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 4 06:09:06 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> OJ W wrote:
>> Currently OSM surveyors do their thing in the understanding that
>> cartographers will turn the result into something nice that they can
>> use (and the surveyors know that they will benefit from this due to
>> the map images being sharealike)
>
> This is your assumption, not mine; I have never mapped anything thinking
> "hey, maybe someone else is going to make a nice map from this that I
> can then use". Not one single time. I don't know if that makes me an
> exception. Most people I talked to were enthusiastic about the data
> being collected, and were talking about cool things *they* could do with
> the data, but I might be moving in the wrong circles ;-)

Well, I guess you're really the minority here ;-)

My feeling is that most of the "mapping" people involved in the project
right now are really depending on what the developers/designers are
doing. And they are happy with the map results the "major maps" offer.

Personally I would love to see a motorcycle dedicated map - but
hesitated to start the effort ...

Regards, ULFL