[OSM-talk] License plan - minimum-legalese option

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 15:31:00 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com> wrote:

> Or if I might make a slightly different suggestion: keep the CC-BY-SA licence
> because that's what we have, and it's the standard adopted by Wikipedia and
> other collections of free content.

Not a helpful suggestion. It's been explained many times why sticking
with CC-BY-SA on our geographical data set just isn't an option. These
reasons are what spurred the initial considerations of changing the
license all that time ago, and isn't something that's been undertaken
lightly. If you're not up to speed on why, then please go find out.

Cheers,
Andy