[OSM-talk] OSM license change: A license to kill? -> How to make a nightmare come true!

MP singularita at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 00:49:38 GMT 2009

> 3. Define a way for feedback from the community. Maybe some unoffical
> votes would have given an impression on how well a particular idea would
> have worked.

Maybe put up a poll like:

Do you think OSM should change license for all data from cc-by-sa to odbl?

( ) Yes, I agree
( ) Yes, but the license needs to be improved a bit first
( ) I am not sure
( ) I don't care, my contributions are PD.
( ) I need more information
( ) No, it is bad idea

along with link to license text + explkanation why the change would be
necessary, what about possible data deletion, etc ....

Mail everybody with link to the poll - this will both inform people
that something is happeing and also you will get feedback about how
many people are willing to accept the new license.

Martin