[OSM-talk] Post tastsic questions of my own

Edoardo 'Yossef' Marascalchi edoardo at edoardomarascalchi.it
Thu Mar 5 10:13:05 GMT 2009

SteveC wrote:
> are opinions beyond.... we will all be better. Really. All of you who
> have IM'd me or emailed with your kind words, jump in here and keep at
> it. We'll build a better world with unicorns and water that runs uphill.

I replied you privately just because I used a style I usually don't
use.. but.. i  want to thank you for your email here again! :D
I liked your email, the coders-lawyers parallel and the general message
it sent.
> My second question goes to those who live in the various countries
> that aren't bankrupt... oh I mean those that aren't in the UK. How is
> the community there? Is it bad? Is it good? How can we help. What are
> *you* doing to help? Are you stirring dissent? Are you trying to build
> a consensus? Do you think you're cool enough to fork or do you want to
> build something better? Because we love you. You are bridging a divide
> between the foundation, the evil british empire, and all those poor
> non-english speaking souls. Really, you do a lot of work to
> communicate between lists what's going on and if you only report the
> bad stuff then you're responsible for it.. But I don't think you are,
> are you? Because it's much better if we build a consensus and a happy
> coexistence of friends toward a free, open, libre, stunning,
> beautiful, fantastic map of the world.

You know, we (as italian) are a little bit melodrammatic :D
We thought some "evil" derive was  acting in the licence writing but i
read the draft and i don't found any evillness (as INAL).
So, now  I will try to do know is to ask italian OSM community to read
and comment the draft...

Edoardo

--
Edoardo 'Yossef' Marascalchi