[OSM-talk] Derived coordinates are facts (was: Re: Question about supplying own data)

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Mar 5 10:24:24 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> We have until now been reluctant to import OA data because many
> people in OSM felt that these might be "tainted",

It is important that OSM can continue to function and be useful in
Wikipedia and other places. A somewhat paranoid policy is not all
bad.

At the same time, it's important that we can experiment to find
the limits of copyright. How can we find out if e.g. OA data can
be legally reused and in what ways? What are the risks and how can
we test them?  Perhaps we need to find ways outside of OSM for
such experimentation? A copyright lab as a separate entity?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)