[OSM-talk] Conflating Tracks?

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 22:12:59 GMT 2009

Hello Daniel,

Hi Daniel,

I wrote a program (osmunda) that scans a GPX
tracklog for maneuvers that are 'impossible' according to the given
OSM data. There's a reasonable description of it in the 'routing' archive of
August 2008.

It's part of gosmore. Do an SVN checkout of one of the August / September
versions if you want to give it a try.

I know Gary68 has a tool for searching for routing irregularities, but at
some point, I'd like to implement a better one :
For each node a
  Calculate an, the location 10 meter North of a.
  If the route between a and an exceeds some threshold, flag the node as
suspect (e.g. maplint).
  Repeat for other directions (s, w, e).

Regards,
Nic