[OSM-talk] Multipolygons in Mapnik

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:53:52 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 13:47 +0100, Frank Sautter wrote:
> hello list,
>
> Ciprian Talaba schrieb:
> > What are we doing wrong? How should we tag the building to get rendered
> > with Mapnik?
> i'm also expiriencing a strange behaviour on multipolygons.
> multipolygons that rendered perfectly are not working anymore from one
> moment to another, but then after some time they render correct
> magically without any changes to the data.
>
> i have the suspicion that this appeared to happen since mapnik is
> rendering data after a few hours instead of the old weekly renderer run.
> in all cases, parts of the multipolygons have been touched, but not all.
>
> maybe someone can second this thesis. if so, we should file a bug.

You are correct, the hourly diff imports can not handle the multipolygon
relation properly. These will fix themselves after the weekly import
each Wednesday. Any edit to the nodes or ways in the relation will
probably break it again.

Overall the benefits of the hourly import far outweigh the slight
problems with the multipolygon handling.

Feel free to raise a bug if you want. I'm sure someone will get around
to fixing it eventually but I have other things to look at right now.

	Jon