[OSM-talk] Google Summer of Code 2009

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 17:07:16 GMT 2009

Yes, need to get this page up to date. Everyone, throw in new ideas for GSoC projects. Ideally they are well contained, non-essential, interesting and deep, but doable by a student who may be new to OSM.

If you're interested to mentor, add your name too
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code#Would_You_be_a_Mentor_in_GSoc_2009.3F

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GSoC_Applications_2008

These are the student applications. Does anyone have a copy of the mentor organization application?

> I would prefer to move discussions out of mailing lists to twitter
> since this is relatively urgent matter (deadline for application is
> Mar 13th). I am not sure though how many people here use twitter.
> #osmgsoc

Let's just stick to the lists and wiki, we're used to that. We can pull off March 13. Do you want to take the lead on submitting the application?

-Mikel