[OSM-talk] immutable=yes Fwd: DEC Lands

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Tue Mar 10 18:08:19 GMT 2009

On Mar 10, 2009, at 10:40 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:

>  1.
>   a. Have a way to have a separate database with such data.

The problem with the "separate database" idea is that if someone was
to enter the data by hand into OSM, everyone agrees that it belongs
there ... but would be incompete and less accurate.  So why would a
more accurate representation NOT belong in OSM?  Another way of saying
that is "if it sucks, put it into OSM, but if it's really good, then
it belongs in a separate database" --- which I think NO ONE here
believes.

I think we need to try it, and see what kind of edits people make.
Too much speculation on what might happen....  Data!  Must ...
Have ... Data!

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson