[OSM-talk] immutable=yes Fwd: DEC Lands

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Tue Mar 10 18:12:45 GMT 2009

On Mar 9, 2009, at 6:32 PM, 80n wrote:
> The best guideline we have at the moment is to map what is on the
> ground.

Surveyed property lines beat GPS tracks pretty much every time.  Now,
if you're talking about metadata -- description of what's there rather
than where it is -- then yes, I agree with you 100%.  Changing the
metadata to "highway=underwater;beaverdam=yes" is not something that
DEC is likely to have correct in every place at every time.

I'll do the import and we'll see what happens.  It's not worse than
expecting people to track USGS topo maps, or follow property lines
through the woods with a GPS receiver.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson