[OSM-talk] Cloudmade: "We are the Wikipedia of maps"

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 00:03:35 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> I know that the press always write what they want (or what they think
> they understand) and not necessarily what you tell them.
>
> However, this is not the first time that the OpenStreetMap project has
> been confused with Cloudmade by the press, and I can hardly imagine that
>  whoever wrote that article did so without relying on Cloudmade
> statements that somehow pointed in that direction.

those who can -- do. those who can't -- blog.

steve, as the founder of OSM and a founder of CloudMade, necessarily
uses the word "we" in a subtle and nuanced way. it is unfortunate that
this subtlety and meaning is often lost in the journalistic process.

cheers,

matt

DISCLAIMER: the views expressed above are those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of his employer ;-)