[OSM-talk] Map tag in Wikipedia

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Mar 11 00:09:45 GMT 2009

Hi,

Lars Aronsson wrote:
> Now that is a special requirement!  Could you generate static HTML
> that uses <table> and <div> to line up some static PNG tiles in a
> static HTML page?

Sure; all that OpenLayers does is, in the end, produce some object tree
with CSS that could as well be written in plain HTML. I don't think we
currently have a mechanism that does this but it could be done.

However if one wanted to produce a real static archive then perhaps the
images themselves would have to be archived - because otherwise the
archive would point to tiles that might have been updated in the mean
time and not reflect the view at the time when the archive was taken?

Bye
Frederik