[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - basin=infiltration

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Thu Mar 12 09:09:57 GMT 2009

> this is my second approach to get some votes for my proposal

> basin=infiltration [1]. Until now I got two approvals.

> Because the recommended period of two weeks ended yesterday I

> extended

> the voting period and would like to remind you of this

> proposal.

Could you perhaps add an image to show an example? I don't know what
a basin or infiltration basin look like, so would be unable to map
them. There is a big ditch near here which usually just has a few
reeds in, but when the ground is saturated and/or there is lots of
rainfall it fills with water for a while, helping drain the runoff
from the nearby industrial estate. It recently overflowed flooding
some adjacent houses [1] and there were tankers there for almost 48
hours first of all pumping out the houses and then bringing the
water level in the ditch/basin/whatever down to a safe level again.

I have not added that feature yet, as I don't know how it would be
tagged. I'd probably have gone with big ditch, but perhaps basin or
infiltration basin is more appropriate?

Thanks

Ed

[1]