[OSM-talk] immutable=yes Fwd: DEC Lands

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Thu Mar 12 17:36:34 GMT 2009

On Mar 12, 2009, at 7:43 AM, Ted Mielczarek wrote:
> . However, I reject the idea that there is any data that belongs in
> OSM that "makes no sense to edit". If you can't edit it, then by
> definition it shouldn't be in a wiki-style map.

No one has been able to refute my claim that if someone would enter it
by hand, it belongs in OSM regardless of its source.  And if it comes
from surveyed data, then it makes no sense to edit its position.
Metadata, perhaps.  But unless you've been out in the field with a
theolodite, you have no business changing the location of the NYS DEC
Lands position.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - Twitter: Russ_OSM - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson