[OSM-talk] Multiple addresses/use for one building

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Sat Mar 14 12:41:05 GMT 2009

On 3/14/09, paul youlten <paul.youlten at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I understand the Karlsruhe schema you are allowed to tag
> addr:housenumbers with non-numeric characters (e.g: "120b") so there
> is no reason you couldn't tag a node "1 to 500" or "1–500".
>
> I suppose you could use addr:housename = "1 to 500" but that seems a
> bit counter-intuitive.

You could but unless anyone writing applications
that search for house-numbers know about it your
tagging will not be put to use.
I`m preparing the proof of concept I wrote in
the Karlsruhe meeting to make TS navigate to house
numbers just this weekend. It`d not be able to find
where house-number 246 was in your example until
you pointed out this new semantics in your posting.
As fas as I see it`s not yet documented. Is this schema
in actual use?

Non-numeric characters are for house-numbers that
actually contain these characters. Like your "120b"-
example.

Marcus