[OSM-talk] Run tilesAtHome client and only accept requests for a small bbox. Possible?

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Thu Mar 19 13:22:57 GMT 2009

I wrote:

> > The answer to your first question is "Yes", but it is better

> > to add

> > them to the queue.

Marc asked:

> Why is that? Given your stylesheets etc. are up to date, there

> is no difference between queuing them and wait for someone else

> to render them, and doing it yourself.

I'm basing this answer on a thread on a similar topic from the
TileAtHome list:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tilesathome/2009-January/00
5379.html

The client itself will only render zoom levels 12 to 17. For the
tiles at home server to rebuild the lower zoom levels it needs to
have had a request in the queue to know it needs doing. If you just
use the xy command line and upload the updated tiles then zoom
levels 12 to 17 will be fine, but zoom levels 11 and below won't get
updated.

Ed