[OSM-talk] (French/Legal) Legal clarification of using the French Cadastral plans

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:33:46 GMT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 8:28 PM, sly (sylvain letuffe)
<liste at letuffe.org> wrote:

>> I believe that I may do the following without attribution:
>>
>> 1) Trace streets, and take names from the Cadastral plans.
>
>> I believe if I add add the tag:
>>
>> source="cadastre-dgi-fr source : Direction Générale des Impôts – Cadastre ;
>> mise à jour : 2009"
>>  (e.g.)
>> Then I may:
>>
>> Trace buildings, plots, rivers, and administrative boundaries.
>
> You've got it 100% right.
>

> --
> sly
> Sylvain Letuffe liste at letuffe.org
> qui suis-je : http://slyserv.dyndns.org

No, if you trace streets and take names from the cadastre, you also
have to write attribution. The page you refere needs some cleanup. If
the street is already there and you take only the name, you should add
something like "source:name" tag. It's maybe easier to just enable the
auto-trace from the menu. Sometimes the cadastre toponymy is outdated
or different from what is on the streets (hopefully it's rare). It's
not eastern eggs and the land registry do not care very much if you
just copy the names without attribution but it will help other
contributors who are going on the ground to understand why they might
see a different name or a different syntax from the street signs.
Note that the grab short-cut F11 of the plugin has been recently
overwriten by a new feature in core JOSM. You should define yourself
another key shortcut better than the automatically allocated
"shift-F11" as a replacement by JOSM until a find a solution.

Pieren