[OSM-talk] tag for suburb of village

James Stewart j.k.stewart at ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 24 12:41:59 GMT 2009

That is another strategy I have tried - the residential area tagged
with a name. This works OK for small neighbourhoods, but name can be
rendered rather small for larger ones. Again, it involves drawing a
border, which is fine it is clear and known, but then we might as well
use boundary.
In some ways the way that the name is rendered should  be related to
the tag "is_in" - so in general members of a place have names rendered
smaller than the parent. But I am sure there are problems with this
both theortical and practical.

James