[OSM-talk] 68 GPS units donated to OSM

ouɐɯnH fredyrivera at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 14:37:09 GMT 2009

HI
my application for devices gpstogo was approved several months ago,
but not yet received the equipment, I would like to know under what
conditions this is and if we can count on these devices here.

salu2
fredy rivera
Colombia

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 5:03 AM, 80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:
> OSM has just received a donation of 68 GPS units and assorted accessories
> including batteries and cables.
>
> They have been kindly donated by James Doughty of Diass
> http://www.diass.co.uk.  Thank you James.
>
> More details and a photos are on the OpenGeoData blog:
> http://www.opengeodata.org/?p=361
>
> We want to put them to use in mapping parties and distribute some of them
> under the GPStogo scheme, but if anyone has a need for GPS units or
> interesting ideas about how we could make the best use of them please let me
> know.
>
> James also has tracklogs and mapping data for some French ski resorts.  We
> are hoping that he will be able to donate this data as well, which will
> provide an excellent boost to the piste mapping that some of us
> occassionally have the opportunity to do.
>
> 80n

Lee un artículo sobre nosotros en el tiempo:
http://www.eltiempo.com/colombia/bogota/empresas-de-tecnologia-basadas-en-software-libre-se-expanden-en-bogota_4708463-1