[OSM-talk] WikiTravel MAPS -Tofino, BC

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:40:07 BST 2009

Hi all,
One of my projects is to help update the wiki article about Tofino,
-but more importantly;  add the OpenStreetMap map showing a custom
layer dedicated to showing the features relivant to WikiTravel.

I think Cloudmade's map styles API thing should do the trick, if not
already done, i would like to see it shown as a public view, and all
those who are working on it join the club having the club -(discussion
of styles &what should be listed etc.) might be better off listing on
wiki.openstreetmap.org as a 'project'.

I know there is lots of interest from wikiTravel users, but hosting
discussion might be better here where all the mappers are.

I.e. on wikitravel there is a few pages about 'how to make a map', i
think it helpfull if all those details were shown on wiki.osm, as its
helpful to all users, & those who would like to deviate & create their
own paper maps. (to print and hand to local hostels/hotels/tourist
info centers/bikeshops) and ask them to make photocopies if they want
more.

cheers,
Sam