[OSM-talk] Category:TagsSupportedBy

marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:58:06 BST 2009

(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Babel)
>>> templates would probably be easy, but I've got no idea what the
>>> performance effects of something like that would be.
>>
>> I've never seen that
>> {{#if:{{{1|}}}|XXX}} -construct.
>> Is that a mediawiki-plugin?
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ParserFunctions
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:ParserFunctions
>
> Didn't even know it was an extension until now, as many major wikis
> (especially Wikimedia's) seem to have it installed.

I've written quite complex mediawiki-extensions myself.
Thus I was puzzled that this would be in the core. I
would have been bound to see it a some point. ;)

(It does not seem to be installed in the Sourceforge-hosted mediawiki.
 I'm getting quite frustrated with the limitations they have compared
 to installing y mediawiki/phpBB/... yourself in Sourceforge.)

Marcus