[OSM-talk] UKUUG : Suggestions

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Tue Mar 31 16:01:15 BST 2009

On 31 Mar 2009, at 15:40, Ciarán Mooney wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been asked to help coordinate an OpenStreetMap track at the UKUUG
> Summer conference (http://www.ukuug.org/events/summer2009/). UKUUG is
> (in my opinion) a hard core techie conference of sys-admins and
> computer scientists.

I had one of the organisers ask me on Saturday at GLLUG, as they were
wanting a mapping track.

> The conference is being held in Birmingham, and I would have done a
> mapping party had we not finished mapping Birmimgham 3 months ago.

Have all the house numbers been added?
How about a check the data mapping party? Or find something that has
changed since it was last mapped?

> So, I need ideas. We could have a hacking sprint of somekind. But what
> projects could do with some hacking-love? Bearing in mind you'll have
> a variety of people and skill sets. We could do tracing as we'll have
> the wireless access to do so. Can anyone think of anything else?

How far afield do people come from to go to this event?
A hack day to make it easier to edit the data?

Shaun