[OSM-talk] How to set up a localized mapnik + slippy map web server

Tal tal.bav at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:07:56 BST 2009

Hi,

A few clueless people were toying with the Idea of creating a webserver +
slippy map in 2 (later 3) languages for Israel (Including the ... ahmm...
territories...).

We need help understanding what exactly should be done.

First and most important: does it cost any money and a rough estimate of the
cost if it's not zero. Maybe it's possible to add what we need to an
existing osm server?

Next, a good way to go about creating 3 maps of the same small country in 3
languages.
How much processing power would it take?

And anything else you can think of.

Thanks,
Tal.